Efficient determination of a route for guided vehicles
Site of the project:
FROG navigation systems
3543 AP Utrecht
start of the project: October 2004
In February 2005 the
Thesis has been appeared
presentation has been given.
The Master project has been finished in August 2005
( Masters Thesis).
For working address etc. we refer to our
Summary of the master project:
Frog Navigation Systems BV, located in Utrecht, The Netherlands, produces
guided vehicles, together with a control computer and a supervisory system.
Much software has been developed, which is currently enhanced and renewed. One
of the latest developments is the inclusion of NURBS to define the
Automatic guided bus
arrival of Phileas at a
station, 1.5 MB and
with Phileas 2.1 MB.
A tool has been developed to draw the routes, which are used to guide the
vehicle. The tool is used in practice, however a number of topics remain to
be investigated in order to
make the tool more versatile. Below some of these topics are given:
- NURBS curve synthesis using a model for the vehicle.
- Determine the critical section in a layout.
- Synthetise NURBS routes with constraints on the available space.
- Hull curve detection by guiding a vehicle with two
control points over a NURBS curve.
- Approximate a NURBS route over a serie of points.
- Reparameterise a NURBS curve to the length of the curve.
- Define the position and the orientation of a vehicle using higher dimensional NURBS.
- Add new routines to the NURBS library in C++.
Back to the
Master students page of Kees Vuik